The ICBI houses 8 laboratories and adjacent offices on the 5th floor of Noyes Research Building on the IU Health Methodist Hospital campus. Scientific office and laboratory space totals 13,000 sq ft. Each laboratory is approximately 425-450 sq ft. with access to roughly 2500 sq ft. of additional common research areas, a walk-in cold room, a tissue culture room, a microscope room, and a room for flow cytometry.
All laboratories are equipped with computers for equipment operation, graphics processing, and data storage. Computers and related equipment are maintained and updated by the Information Systems (IS) Department of IU Health.
May include the following:
- Externally vented fume hoods
- Corning pH meter, macro and micro balances
- Various sizes of water baths, vacuum oven
- Heating blocks, orbital and rocking shakers
- Hot/stirrer plates
- Vortex mixers
- Tissue homogenizer, and bath sonicator
- Biological safety cabinets
- Class II, refrigeration units
- -20ºC and -80ºC freezers
- CO2 and Isotemp incubators
- Bacterial shaker incubator
- Power supplies
Common research areas
Companies have access to equipment in the common research areas.
Beckman table top temp controlled centrifuges
Eppendorf refrigerated microcentrifuge
- Leica DMRB upright fluorescent microscope
- Leica DMI 4000B inverted fluorescent scope
- Leica Orthoplan 2 upright microscope
- Numerous upright, inverted & dissecting microscopes for non-fluorescent work
- Becton Dickinson FACSCalibur flow cytometer
- Shimadzu gas chromatography – GC-2010
- Shimadzu GC-MS – QP2010 SE
- Shimadzu HPLC LC-20AT
- Perkin Elmer luminescence counter
- Shimadzu BioSpec 1601 spectrophotometer
- Molecular Devices Lmax spectrophotometer
- Stratagene UV Stratalinker 1800
Three conference rooms are conveniently located on the same floor as the laboratories and offices.
Video conference equipment, table seating for 8
Video conference equipment,
table seating for 11, additional seating for 12
No video or audio capabilities, no conference table,
seating for 4
Separate dedicated office space (115 sq ft per office), with both wired and wi-fi Internet access, is located on the same floor as the laboratory. Public wi-fi is accessible through IU Health, but a secured network can be arranged. A shared printer/scanner/fax is also provided in the office area. Researchers and service cores at Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis (IUPUI) are accessible from the offices by a short ride on the IU Health shuttle.
A common lounge area is available for use by staff and guests. Coffee is provided as well as a microwave and refrigerator.